Conductive 3D printing
At 3Dprontoprint, we are specialized in conductive 3D printing. We believe this technique creates new opportunities that further leverage the advantages of 3D printing. In this page we will give you some more details about the possibilities of conductive 3D printing.
Please contact us if you want more information or advice on what conductive 3D printing can do for you.
What is conductive 3D printing
This means using conductive filament, that conducts electricity. Using this material when 3D printing means part of the printed object can be used for conducting electricity.
This can be used for anti-static casings (in low conductive material), but alsof or electric functional objects (using high conductive filaments).
How conductive is this material
There are different types of material, and different ranges of conductivity:
– Conductive PLA: from 0.75 to 15-30 Ohm/cm
– Conductive ABS: ~1200 to 10K Ohm/cm
Depending on the application, the demands on conductivity vary.
What can you do with it
Examples of usage for conductive 3D printing are:
– Flashlight: a flashlight that is completely 3D printed (except for the LED and the battery)
– Linear potentiometer.
– Conductive sensors and pads.
– Stylus function: creating objects that control your smartphone, like a stylus
– Alternatives for traditional PCB’s.
– Anti-static casing: enclosures that have an anti static function. Application areas for this are:
- Hospital equipment
- Medical devices
- Enclosures and packaging
- Aerospace and Automotive
Below are some examples shown of the possibilities of conductive 3D printing.